Friday 16 October 2015

Epilogue (Sort Of)

So this the epilogue for League of Heroes now I have finished it. At this point in time I have no plans to continue since I am focusing my work on my second serial Legacy.

I don't have to many thoughts on League of Heroes to share. If I'm honest with myself, it was always an experiment. I was trying out a new genre, a new writing style in two different ways and it was the first time I was putting my story up to be viewed by others.

While it wasn't a success, it wasn't a failure as I completed to the end of the first book and learn a few new things and got experience. For starters, I have never actually got further than a quarter of the way into a story before so completing it alone is a new thing for me. I put it down to the fact that I always tried to write the entire story at once before while this time I just wrote one segment at the time, each one roughly 800-1000 words long.

Another new thing I tried was writing a story from a first person perspective. I enjoyed it, but I wasn't overly fond of it. It felt to me like I was limited to just one character. Being able to more easily character more easily without confusion was one of the reasons I chose third-person when writing Legacy.

I should mention that League of Heroes is my first time writing the superhero genre. Since I started writing League of Heroes back in September of 2014, I have become a big fan of the superhero genre, reading web serials such as Legion of Nothing and Worm and buying book series off of Amazon such as Wearing the Cape and Cape High.

I think the main flaws in League of Heroes were inexperience as a writer and lack of originality at the start. These two things I have done my best to correct in Legacy as I have applied the lessons I have learnt to it. For starters, I have planned Legacy from the start with clear points in the plot where major things are going to happen and have made sure to make the characters original.

So those are thoughts on League of Heroes now it is done. I hope you enjoyed reading League of Heroes or will enjoy it if you haven't read it yet. Feel free to check out my second web serial Legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment